Ready to get into the holiday spirit? I’ve got an exciting listicle of holiday activities in Frederick to help expel your holiday cheer.
Get ready to immerse yourself in the holiday magic of Frederick, Maryland; from dazzling light displays to festive markets, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Let’s explore the top holiday activities that will fill your heart with joy and make this season unforgettable.
- Visit the Festival of Lights: Kick off the holiday season by marveling at the stunning light displays at the Festival of Lights in downtown Frederick. On Dec. 15 at 7 p.m., take a stroll with your friends or family through the illuminated streets and let the twinkling lights fill you with joy. For more information, go to https://www.celebratefrederick.com/calendar-event/festival-of-lights/
- Explore the Frederick Holiday Market at Carroll Creek. Head to Carroll Creek Park on Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere of the Christmas Market. Browse through the charming stalls, sip a cup of warm cocoa, and pick up unique gifts for your loved ones. There’s nothing like the enchantment of a traditional holiday market. For more information, go to https://nlmclaughlin.com/pages/events
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride. Experience a magical winter wonderland by taking a horse-drawn carriage ride through downtown Frederick. Plan to meet the horses on Dec. 7, 14, or 22 at Everedy Square and Shab Row at 3 p.m. to snuggle up under warm blankets as you listen to the rhythmic clip-clop of the horses’ hooves. It’s the perfect way to enjoy the holiday lights and create unforgettable memories.
- Enjoy ice skating: Lace up your skates and hit the ice at the Skate Frederick. Glide across the rink with friends or family, feeling the cool winter breeze on your face. Whether you’re a pro or a beginner, ice skating is a delightful holiday activity for all ages. Check out the Skate Frederick website for public skating times where weekday prices are only $7.50 for admission and $9 on the weekends for ages 12 and older while kids and seniors are discounted. Go to https://skatefrederick.com/
- Attend a holiday concert. Immerse yourself in the sounds of the season by attending a holiday concert in Frederick from varying venues! The Nutcracker performance is being held at the Weinberg Center from Dec. 9-10, the Kris Kringle Procession in Baker Park Dec. 8 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., and even our own concert at FCC, the Hometown Holidays Concert starting from 7:30 to 9 p.m. These are just one of many shows that will range from classic carols to contemporary tunes, the talented musicians and choirs will uplift your spirits and get you into the holiday groove. It’s a wonderful way to celebrate the magic of music during the festive season. If you’re interested in seeing all the upcoming holiday performances Frederick is playing, check out https://www.visitfrederick.org/holidays/performances/
- Decorate gingerbread houses. Unleash your creativity and decorate gingerbread houses with family or friends. Gather all the sweet treats, frosting, and colorful candies you can find, and let your imagination run wild. It’s the perfect activity to bring out your inner artist and satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Attend a holiday craft workshop. Get crafty and join a holiday craft from the Winter Holiday Happenings site for a multitude of workshops in Frederick. These workshops offer a wide range of creative activities. You can learn how to make beautiful wreaths, design your own ornaments or jewelry, and even create handmade gifts. These workshops provide all the materials and guidance you need to unleash your inner artist and craft unique holiday treasures. It’s a fantastic opportunity to get hands-on and add a personal touch to your festive decorations. So, get ready to let your creativity shine and make some holiday magic. Sign up for your workshop of choice at https://www.urbanaartandsoul.com/holiday-mini-4-week-session
And that’s a wrap on our tour of holiday activities in Frederick. Whether exploring dazzling light displays, shopping at festive markets, or getting crafty at workshops, there are many ways to embrace the holiday spirit in this charming city. So, gather your loved ones, make some memories, and let the joy of the season fill your heart.