Fashion and makeup are two of my favorite things, especially during the holidays. Some of the most creative things happen during this time of year.
1. Snowflakes and a bold lip. This is one of my personal favorites! I absolutely love eyeliner, especially white eyeliner. There are so many things you can do with eyeliner. This is one of my favorite looks by far. Snowflakes and winter go hand and hand. Why not have a snowflake as the statement piece? The eye jewels and lips make it stand out even more. Do this trend if you want to start doing something new for the holidays.
2. Layers on layers. A nice flannel under a blouse, while the cuffs are rolled up and unbuttoned, is my personal fav! When you add a scarf and accessories, it takes the outfit up a few notches. It is a simple concept, but I love the way it looks. It brings in the holidays. Throw on a pair of light or dark-wash jeans, wear thigh or knee-high boots and you are set.
3. Christmas tree, gingerbread, or penguin eyeshadow. If you are great at makeup, I suggest you try one of the three. What you do is apply your eye makeup, but beside of your eye draw any of the three Christmas icons. You must be a genius and talented to do this. In one photo I saw the person add ornaments to the Christmas tree, a candy cane scarf holding the gingerbread, and sparkles for the penguin. It looks super cool and will get some heads turning. If you like to go all out but want to be simple, do one of the three as your eyeshadow! Also, make sure your nails match your makeup, it will bring it all together. You’ll bring in the holiday cheer.
4. Sweater dress. I adore a good sweater dress. Bringing out the sweater dress is a sign that winter has arrived. Pair your sweater dress with a similar color thigh-high boot for a super cute look. The accessories make the outfit a perfect 10 out of 10. If you want to spice the outfit up a little bit, add a long coat, gloves, and scarf that all match the outfit. You will be a perfect 20 out of 20.
5. Simple Christmas glam. I love a cute and simple look. If you are not good with makeup to the point where you can draw on your lids and make them look good, this look is for you. The look is simple: a bold lip and beautiful eyes. Not too much, but not too little. Feeling festive add gold and glitter to bring this all together. It’s the perfect go-to look for the holidays.
Enough about my favorite holiday makeup and fashion looks, let us find out what you guys like! I asked a couple of Frederick Community College students what their favorite holiday looks were, and they gave me some wonderful things to work with. Their eye for fashion is incredible! It is not too much, but it is not too simple. It is exactly right.
6. Casual and comfy. Jailyn Jackson, 19, a freshman from Frederick likes to keep it classic. “I would say my go-to holiday look would be a turtleneck layer with a jacket, paired with light-wash jeans, high-top Converse with socks over the jeans.” This is such a simple concept, but it is very doable. You can also style your hair in many ways with this outfit. She usually wears it in an afro and it looks amazing.
7. The Simple, The Better. Freshman Ana Duong, 19, of Frederick said she doesn’t wear much makeup, “but when I do, it’s simple. I usually fill in my eyebrows, curl my lashes and put highlighter in my inner corners. It’s a “no makeup, makeup look.” It’s a simple everyday look.
8. Blush it up. Freshman Brooklyn Massamillo, 18, of Phoenix said she loves makeup and fashion “I don’t have a particular look or style that I would go for when it comes to the holidays, but I do love it when they do a lot of blush. I love blush. It brightens up the skin tone, and I love the ‘happy look.’ It makes a person look more approachable and happier. I don’t have a favorite outfit for Christmas, but I do love a good scarf. I feel like a scarf makes the outfit.”
I hope this gives you some holiday look inspiration! Best wishes for the holidays to all!